Billing forms & resources
Accounts, billing and payment forms
- Duty counsel statement of account and services
Calculates hours and amounts automatically
- Guaranteed Daily Rate for northern lawyers
Duty counsel/certificate account form
For printing only – does not perform calculations
- Form 50: Criminal certificate account form
- Form 51: Civil certificate account form
Please note: Legal Aid Online is currently unable to accept forms containing macros
Disbursement forms & resources
Disbursement authorization forms:
- Request for an expert/other service provider
- Request for paternity testing
- Request for transcripts/transcriptions
- Disbursements Handbook
Revised on April 2016
- Inherent Disbursements
(i.e, not requiring prior approval) – Revised on August 27, 2009
In some cases, where exceptional circumstances can be demonstrated, a discretionary increase in payment of an account may be granted where an account has exceeded the tariff maximum for the certificate. If your account exceeds the tariff maximum, and you want to apply for discretion, attach the appropriate form when submitting the account:
- Request for Discretion – Criminal Law
- Request for Discretion – Family Law: Child and Family Services Act (CFSA)
- Request for Discretion – Family Law: Support, Access, Custody
- Request for Discretion – Refugee Law
- Request for Discretion – General: Use the general form for other case types
- Request for Review
If you are dissatisfied with the settlement of your account, use this form to request a review. Requests for review should be made within 60 days of payment of the account.
For more information on the use of these forms please refer to our Discretion Guidelines.
Billing and payment resources
- Annual billing limits – Hardcap: What are billing limits?
- Annual billing limits – Hardcap & exemption requests policy framework
- Billing deadlines
- Payment schedules
Better Billing Bulletin – Help Us Pay You Faster!
For news and billing tips check out the B3 newsletter.
If you have any problems accessing the forms or information, please contact us.