Legal Aid Services Act, 2020 policies
Legal Aid Ontario is committed to accountability and transparency while continuously improving the delivery of legal aid services. LAO rules and policies provide guidance, limits and expectations and ensure high-quality services for our clients. Please review the policies below or visit LASA2020rules.ca to learn more.
Policy updates effective Oct. 18, 2021.
- Administrative burden
- Certificate acknowledgement
- Certificate reinstatement and extension
- Concurrent proceedings policy
- Dependent child
- Extension of unacknowledged certificate
- Medical expense reduction to income
- Representing co-accused and witnesses in criminal proceedings
- Submitting certificate accounts
- Representation where roster member previously duty counsel services