Getting help in the courtroom
If you qualify, and need legal help on your day of court, you can talk to our lawyers at the courthouse (they are called duty counsel). Duty counsel can:
- give you advice and information
- tell you about your rights and what you have to do
- tell you how the court process works
- in some cases, help you with your documents
- in some cases, represent you
Check the table below to see if you qualify for duty counsel services.
|Number of family members||The amount of money your family earns in a year|
If you do not qualify for duty counsel services, speak to a legal aid worker. Legal aid workers are Legal Aid employees who can give you legal information, information about the court process, and tell you about other resources that may help.