Finding the right legal aid lawyer
How do I find a lawyer who does legal aid work?
- Use our Find a Lawyer tool to find a lawyer in your area who does work in the type of law that you need help with.
How do I decide which lawyer to use?
Make sure that the lawyer you choose is right for you. We rarely allow you to change your lawyer once you hire one.
Here are some questions to ask the lawyer:
- What area of law do you specialize in?
- How much experience do you have with my type of case?
- What are my legal options?
- Will someone else in your office work with you on my case?
- Where is your office?
- How can I contact you?
Remember: We will pay your lawyer directly. You do not have to pay them.
Remember: LAO will pay your lawyer directly. You do not have to pay them. If your lawyer needs more hours to work on your case, your lawyer will tell us. Before meeting Write down all the details of your case Write a list of questions Ask your lawyer what you have to bring At…