Application instructions: three-hour authorizations for responses to June 2020 Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) letters
Published: July 13, 2020
As part of LAO’s continuing response to COVID‑19, LAO is providing a three‑hour authorization to respond to June 2020 RAD requests for specific or updated submissions.
These requests were an extraordinary measure to deal with a backlog caused by the COVID pandemic.
The new authorization is available on RAD certificates where full coverage has already been granted. It pays counsel to respond to the requests and provide updated evidence and submissions, including on how COVID has affected clients’ cases.
You may retroactively request authorization for responses worked on starting June 15, 2020.
How to apply
- Log in to Legal Aid Online
- Make your request on the Certificate Amendment/Authorization page (the same place you upload a RAD merit assessment)
- Attach a copy of the RAD request letter
- Select ‘101—RAD merit assessment materials’ for the document code
- Type ‘Requesting 3 additional hours to respond to the attached RAD COVID letter’ in the ‘Add Comments’ field
- You must upload a request on each certificate requiring a three-hour authorization
More information on sending refugee and immigration documents to LAO