When is a certificate not issued for criminal appeals?
If you are making a criminal appeal, your case is NOT eligible for a certificate if you:
- Received a suspended sentence with probation
- Are appealing a non-custodial sentence (i.e. there is no jail time required)
- Received a conditional sentence with terms (such as house arrest)
- Finished serving a sentence or will complete a sentence within 30 days
- Do not qualify financially
- Refuse to sign a contribution agreement, if applicable. (A contribution agreement is an agreement between you and LAO in which you agree to pay back LAO some money based on your income.)