What do I do if my extension request was refused, and I still need legal aid?

You can request a review of the decision to terminate your legal aid certificate to have Legal Aid Ontario reconsider the final decision to end your certificate.

Please note that non-residents cannot request reviews. A non-resident is:

  • A person who resides in another Canadian province
  • A person without status and who has been in Ontario for less than one year (e.g. have overstayed visitor’s visa, refugee claimant).
  • A person with a Temporary Residents Permit, Student Visa or work permit, regardless of how long they have been residing in Ontario

Please see “How do I request a review of my cancelled or terminated legal aid certificate?” for more instructions.