Halton Community Legal Services (HCLS) is a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario that provides legal services to the low-income population in Halton Region. HCLS is a registered charity and a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of Ontario. HCLS is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We are committed to providing high quality legal services and responding to the needs of our community in innovative ways, through a client centered and trauma-informed lens.
JOB B TITLE: Community Worker
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY: $51,000-$57,000 (commensurate with qualifications and experience), health and dental benefits package, employer-paid RRSP contributions, in accordance with Legal Aid Ontario guidelines and clinic policies
TO APPLY: Please apply via e-mail addressed to the Hiring Committee with a cover letter and resume by July 27, 2023 to: email@example.com with the subject title “Community Worker”.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered on a rolling basis up to July 27, 2023.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Community Worker will lead planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating of the outreach, community development and public legal education projects at HCLS.
- Working closely with the legal staff on law reform and systemic advocacy activities.
The successful candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education at the Bachelor’s level in a related field, a college degree, or 5 years of community development experience;
- Knowledge of our community and its resources, including an understanding of poverty in Halton and the unique issues and challenges our community experiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, social media skills, and experience with online communication platforms;
- Have experience in community development and organizing;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with our community and organizations in it;
- Be able to travel throughout Halton and surrounding area;
- Be able to work on multiple projects at once, take initiative, creatively problem solve, and work independently as well as part of a team.