Are you between 12 and 17? Have the police charged you with a crime? You, your parents or your legal guardian can call us. If you qualify, we will help pay for a lawyer to represent you.
If you are in court and you do not have a lawyer, talk to the lawyer at the courthouse (they are called duty counsel) for help. Duty counsel can:
- give you advice and information
- tell you about your rights and what you have to do
- tell you how the court process works
- in some cases, help you with your documents
- in some cases, be your lawyer for that day
Charged with a crime that could send you to jail? Going to court without a lawyer? Charged under the Youth Criminal Justice Act?