Live in another province or territory but need legal aid in Ontario?
If you live in another province or territory but you need legal aid services in Ontario, call us to see if we can help. We do not provide service for matters outside of Ontario.
Live in Ontario but need legal aid in another province or territory?
If you live in Ontario but your matter is taking place in another province or territory, you should apply with the legal aid plan in the province or territory where your matter is taking place.
- Alberta: Legal Aid Alberta
- British Columbia: Legal Aid BC
- Manitoba: Legal Aid Manitoba
- New Brunswick: New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
- Newfoundland & Labrador: Legal Aid NL
- Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia Legal Aid
- Northwest Territories: Northwest Territories Legal Aid Commission
- Nunavut: Legal Services Board of Nunavut
- Prince Edward Island: Prince Edward Island Legal Aid
- Québec: Commission des services juridiques
- Saskatchewan: Legal Aid Saskatchewan
- Yukon: Yukon Legal Services Society
Live outside of Canada and need legal aid services in Ontario?
If you live in another country, we may be able to help if you qualify and have a legal matter in Ontario. For more information, please contact us.
When you call, tell us immediately if you need an interpreter. We will get you one for free.
Visiting from another country and need legal aid services in Ontario?
We may be able to help if you qualify, have a legal matter in Ontario, and you:
- are a visitor
- are here on a visa or temporary resident permit
- are a person without status and have been in Ontario for less than one year (for example: you have overstayed your visitor’s visa or are a refugee claimant
Call us to see if we can help.
When you call, tell us immediately if you need an interpreter so we can get you one for free.