Non-resident services

Live in another province or territory but need legal aid in Ontario?

If you live in another province or territory but you need legal aid services in Ontario call us at 416-979-1446, toll free at 1‑800‑668‑8258 or through Bell Relay service at 1-800-855-0511 to see if we can help.  We do not provide service for matters outside of Ontario.

If you live in Ontario but your matter is taking place in another province or territory, you should apply with the legal aid plan in the province or territory where your matter is taking place.

Live outside of Canada or visiting from another country and need legal aid services in Ontario?

We may be able to help if you qualify, have a legal matter in Ontario, and you:

  • live outside of Canada
  • are a visitor
  • are here on a visa or temporary resident permit
  • are a person without status and have been in Ontario for less than one year (for example: you have overstayed your visitor’s visa or are a refugee claimant)

For more information, contact us at 1-877-573-8033, extension 4703, fax: 416-979-7617,

When you call, tell us immediately if you need an interpreter so we can get you one for free.