Sudbury Community Legal Clinic
The Legal Clinic is seeking three lawyers to join our team:
- One full-time bilingual lawyer to start at this time;
- One full-time lawyer (bilingualism an asset but not required) to start at this time;
- One full-time bilingual lawyer to start in July 2023 or sooner
The SCLC is a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal advice and representation to low-income residents of the Greater Sudbury area, in both English and French, with our office located in downtown Sudbury. We are committed to reconciliation between the indigenous and settler communities, and to the needs of our clients in both.
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario as of the commencement date. We welcome applicants who are not yet members;
- Commitment to social justice issues and to working within a client-centered and trauma-informed framework;
- Commitment to reconciliation between indigenous and settler communities and to treating indigenous persons with respect and as equals;
- Strong research, writing, and advocacy skills;
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities in a high-volume environment;
- Community legal clinic experience is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel is an asset.
The successful applicant will be practicing administrative law with an emphasis on matters involving income support, housing, and human rights. Services will be provided within our catchment area, which includes both the City of Greater Sudbury and the District of Sudbury. The lawyer will also engage in public legal education, law reform and community development.
The salary range is $80,000 to $95,000 per year, depending on experience, and includes a generous vacation entitlement, paid sick days, and after three months, group health and dental benefits and RRSP contributions.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and at least two references to Allison Woods, Executive Director, by fax at 705-674-6974 or by email at email@example.com with subject line “Staff Lawyer Application” by January 27, 2023.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request to candidates for all aspects of the selection process.