IAVGO Community Legal Clinic
Location: 55 University Ave, 15th Floor, Toronto, Ontario
IAVGO is a specialty legal clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario, to provide legal services to injured workers throughout Ontario. Our services include legal advice, legal representation, public legal education, law reform advocacy, and community outreach and development. The clinic operates as a collective, where the staff collectively shares in the day-to-day management of the clinic.
Primary function: Responsible for providing administrative support to caseworkers, outreach worker and the admin. team.
Reception duties: Assist with reception; answer, screen and route calls as appropriate; schedule intake appointments where appropriate or make referral.
General administrative duties: photocopying; faxing; scanning; opening and distributing mail; filing paper documents and inputting client information into the Client Information Management system (CIMS); process interpretation/translation requests; close intake client records in CIMS; assist with the storage of banker boxes; provide other administrative support as required.
Required skills & experiences:
- Experience in an office environment and proven ability to deal effectively with clients on the phone and in-person
- Excellent telephone skills and knowledge of multi-line phones
- experience in a legal environment an asset
- Sound organizational skills in order to maintain control of a variety of administrative tasks with high attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe; CIMS knowledge an asset)
- Able to work independently, effectively and co-operatively
- Experience working with diverse communities an asset
- Ability to speak multiple languages an asset
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector an asset
Length of contract: January 2022 to March 31, 2022; Part-time (3 days a week; 21 hours a week)
Salary: $25 an hour plus vacation pay, statutory benefits, paid sick time and statutory holidays.
Please be advised that our organization requires all staff, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination can be obtained from the Ministry website.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) by email only, no later than December 20, 2021 to the Hiring Committee at email@example.com. Feel free to call Linda Newton at 416-924-6477 to confirm receipt of your application.
Inquiries regarding this job posting should be addressed in strict confidence by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAVGO is an equal opportunity organization committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request. To request accommodation, please email email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.