Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR)
The Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR) is a legal clinic serving the legal needs of low income residents of York Region. CLCYR staff provide legal advice and representation, deliver public legal education, and participate in community development and law reform initiatives.
CLCYR is seeking a part time experienced lawyer for a five month contract, to provide family law services. The proposed start date for this position is early August, 2021 to December 31, 2021. The compensation for this position is $400/day +HST.
- The Lawyer will provide the following services to our clients two days per week;
- The Lawyer will be expected to work out of our satellite location at the York Region Centre for Community Services in Markham or our main office in Richmond Hill or from home as circumstances require;
- The Lawyer will provide summary advice and brief services to clients;
- The Lawyer will provide assistance with completing court forms and assistance with initiating legal processes and/or representation in Family Law matters;
- The Lawyer will engage in community development activities, deliver Public Legal Education and participate in law reform initiatives as appropriate;
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- At least 3 years Family Law experience, is an asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice and understanding of issues of significance to low-income communities;
- Experience with the Family Law Courts;
- Experience leading or contributing to a law reform or community development initiative;
- Understanding of anti-racism and social justice and how to apply this understanding in the practice of law;
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills;
- Leadership or mentorship experience;
- Legal Clinic experience is an asset;
- Ability to provide legal services to Franco-Ontarians is an asset;
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset;
Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for two references by electronic mail to:
21 Dunlop Street, Suite 200
Richmond Hill, ON
CLCYR is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized and racialized communities and backgrounds. Moreover, CLCYR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.