Support staff: Legal assistant position
Waterloo Region Community Legal Services
Waterloo Region Community Legal Services (WRCLS) is a community legal clinic located in Kitchener and serves Waterloo Region. We provide legal services in the areas of housing, income maintenance, employment law, consumer and debt law and immigration to the low income community in Waterloo Region. WRCLS is seeking a full time support staff /legal assistant.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma
- Amazing customer service skills and professionalism
- Legal assistant or administrative assistant experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and respond to tight deadlines with careful attention to detail
- Commitment to the social justice work of the legal clinic, e.g. delivering high quality legal services to low income individuals and groups
- Ability to work in a friendly and cooperative manner with colleagues
- Understanding of community based legal services
- Second language an asset
- Reception duties including answering and routing calls, making initial client contact, creating intakes, providing appropriate referrals, providing basic information regarding clinic services;
- Provide general administrative support to lawyers and caseworkers including faxing, photocopying, filing, responding to telephone calls, correspondence, document drafting, scheduling meetings, interpretation requests;
- Recording details of client intakes and referrals in clinic client management system.
$50,000.00 to $60,000.00 depending on experience. Benefits include employer RRSP contributions and extended health benefits. Starting vacation entitlement of 15 days per year.
We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve, including those who might need accommodation. Any requests for accommodation will be kept strictly confidential.
Please submit your resume by email no later than July 5, 2021 to email@example.com.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.