Algoma Community Legal Clinic
The Algoma Community Legal Clinic (ACLC) provides legal services to low-income individuals and families in Sault Ste. Marie and the District of Algoma. ACLC is funded by Legal Aid Ontario, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, and located at the hub of the Great Lakes, on the traditional territories of the Anishinaabek and Métis People.
The Algoma Community Legal Clinic is seeking a full-time staff lawyer. This is a permanent position. The successful applicant will practice administrative law with an emphasis on income security benefits and tenant housing matters and will also engage in public legal education, law reform, and community development initiatives.
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Familiarity with ACLC’s legal practice areas as well as principles of administrative law and statutory interpretation
- Excellent research, writing, and advocacy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience advocating for vulnerable individuals is an asset
- Ability to provide services in French is an asset
- Experience in human rights and employment law is also an asset
Salary based on year of call and relevant experience. A comprehensive benefit package, including health benefits and RRSP contributions, is included.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter highlighting interest and experience along with a resume/CV by fax to 705-942-6894 or by email to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on June 5, 2020. Please use the subject line: “Staff Lawyer Application”.
The ACLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that, while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.