Staff Litigation Lawyer
The Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE) is a community legal-aid clinic that specializes in elder law. We seek a Staff Litigation Lawyer who will be primarily responsible for giving advice and representation to low-income seniors who would not otherwise have access to justice. Visit us at www.acelaw.ca.
As a Staff Litigation Lawyer, you would:
- Provide summary legal advice, referrals and general legal information;
- Provide legal advice and representation to low-income seniors before a wide range of courts and tribunals including the Superior Court of Justice;
- Supervise the work of paralegals and support staff on client matters;
- Develop and deliver public legal education presentations;
- Assist with community development and law reform initiatives on legal issues that affect the rights and interests of older adults; and,
- Assist and participate in the ongoing work of the clinic.
We would welcome your application, regardless of year-of-call, if you are:
- A practising lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- Experienced in client representation before the Superior Court, or before the Ontario Court, Small Claims Court, Consent and Capacity Board, Human Rights Tribunal, Health Services Appeal and Review Board or other comparable venues;
- A highly capable legal advocate and an excellent legal researcher and writer;
- A multi-tasker able to triage and manage competing priorities;
- Committed to social justice and the empowerment of older adults;
- Able to work in a team environment with excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Available to work in a hybrid workplace with regular in-office attendances, as required.
Salary range $80,000-$90,000 annually commensurate with experience, 5.5% employer-sponsored RRSP contributions, generous vacation allowances, and health and dental benefits after 3 months employment.
Please submit applications with a brief statement of your interest and qualifications, attaching your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 16, 2023.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.