Waterloo Community Legal Services
12 month contract position
Waterloo Region Community Legal Services is a non-profit legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal services to low-income residents of the Region of Waterloo in various areas of law including Landlord Tenant, Income Maintenance, Immigration, Employment and Consumer Debt.
The clinic is seeking mid-level paralegal to join our office for a 12 month contract position. The candidate will provide legal services in the area of income maintenance primarily with the possibility of practicing in other areas of clinic law as well. In addition to providing advice and representation to clients, the successful candidate will have opportunities to offer public legal information sessions to the community, support community development goals and law reform initiatives.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in social justice, law reform and community development work in addition to strong administrative law and litigation skills.
- Experience providing legal services, particularly income maintenance in a community legal clinic is an asset
- Ability to manage a high caseload
- Commitment to social justice and broader poverty law issues
- Member in good standing as a licensed paralegal with the Law Society of Ontario
- Ability to work remotely as required or attend the clinic head office as required
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
The salary range is $71,900 – $81,800, commensurate with experience.
WRCLS is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and we welcome applicants from people who are reflective of our diverse community. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and 2 letters of reference. Applications can be submitted either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail addressed to:
Waterloo Region Community Legal Services
Unit 101, 450 Frederick Street
Kitchener, Ontario N2H 2P5
Application deadline: August 31, 2023