Northwest Community Legal Clinic (NCLC)
Permanent, full-time position
Funded by Legal Aid Ontario, the Northwest Community Legal Clinic (NWCLC) is a general service community legal clinic providing clinic law services to the Rainy River District and parts of the Kenora District.
NWCLC is seeking an individual to lead social justice work on behalf of our communities, advocating for justice, equity and inclusion on behalf of the residents we serve. As the leader of NWCLC, the Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors to establish and implement strategic goals and objectives for the clinic; and work with the management team to direct all aspects of the clinic’s operations and activities, including administration, personnel management, the delivery of high quality legal services, test case litigation, systemic advocacy, and community engagement.
The Executive Director will lead a team of dedicated staff of eleven and will ensure that NWCLC continues to build effective relationships with community and civic organizations, funders, and the client communities served by the clinic.
NWCLC has offices in Atikokan, Fort Frances and Kenora, and the Executive Director could be based in either Fort Frances or Kenora.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Experience in one or more of NWCLC’s areas of practice (social assistance and income maintenance, tenant rights, employment, human rights, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity and inclusion
- Strong management and leadership skills, including collaborative approaches to building relationships with staff, Board and all stakeholders
- Experience supervising legal work, and organizing campaigns and projects
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations and community boards.
The salary range for this position is: $120,000 – 160,000. Compensation will consider experience, and will include a benefits package, participation in a defined benefit pension plan, and the opportunity to do rewarding work in a community setting in beautiful northwestern Ontario. We offer generous vacation and every second Friday off, in addition to other benefits.
Please send your cover letter and résumé to NWCLC Hiring Committee by email to NWCLCExecutiveDirector@gmail.com. NWCLC will begin processing applications on Thursday September 7, 2023, but will continue to accept applications after this until the position is filled. The expected start date for this position is January 2024.
We thank all applicants, but will only contact candidates shortlisted for interviews.