LAOiFax is an electronic cover sheet for your fax that is populated using information such as the type of document and certificate number. Based on these fields, iFax generates a reference number which will appear at the top of the cover sheet. LAO’s fax system uses this number to route your document to the appropriate department.
- To access LAOiFax, log in to Legal Aid Online and select “LAOiFax”.
- Fill in the requested fields. The “From” section will automatically populate from LAO’s records.
- To view the documents available for selection, click the magnifying glass to the right of the “Document Type” field.
- Enter the associated certificate. You can click the magnifying glass to the right of the field to use the look‑up feature, or you can enter the certificate number manually.
- Once you have filled in all the fields, the iFax reference number will appear at the top of the page. This number will ensure LAO’s system routes your fax to the appropriate department.
- After all fields have been entered, click the Print icon.
IMPORTANT: always use the print icon to print the iFax cover page. Using the browser print function will not enable the special encoding required for LAOifax.