Register now for the 2018 Refugee Law Office Conference!
Published: May 23, 2018
All-day event on June 27th, in‑person and online
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Legal Aid Ontario’s (LAO) Refugee Law Office (RLO) is pleased to present the 2018 Refugee Law Office Conference, taking place at a new venue, the Jackman Law Building, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 78 Queen’s Park West, Toronto, Ontario.
We will be bringing an exciting lineup of speakers and panelists discussing a wide range of topics pertaining to the evolving state of refugee law in Canada and abroad.
- RPD: What is Working and What Is Not (conversation with RPD Deputy Chairperson, Shereen Benzvy Miller)
- Jurisprudence for your Back Pocket
- Emerging Issues in Refugee Law
- Everything You Need to Know about Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications
- Law Society Tribunal Decisions on Refugee Matters: Key Findings and Tips for Your Practice
- Managing a Busy Refugee Practice: Burnout and Mental Health
- Access to Services for those With and Without Status
Due to the high costs associated with running this conference, we began charging attendance fees in 2016. This year’s full fee is $100.
Reduced admission is available for refugee panel lawyers, clinic staff and lawyers, and students. If you are a member of one of these eligible groups, use the following referral links to have a discount applied.
We are pleased to be providing attendees with a full lunch, breakfast refreshments, and an assortment of snacks and drinks during the morning and afternoon breaks. If you have a dietary restriction or allergy, please indicate this at the time you register for the conference.
Online and in‑person
Choose to participate online through our webcast or attend in‑person.
We expect to receive LSO accreditation for 6.5 hours of CPD time, including 1.5 hours of professionalism hours. We will notify participants once we receive the confirmed accreditation.
Refugee Law Office
Legal Aid Ontario