Register now for consultations on tariff reform and a more modern Legal Aid Online
Published: December 8, 2020
Legal Aid Ontario wants to hear from you on new ways to pay lawyers and making Legal Aid Online easier to use.
Register now for one of the virtual meetings below to give your input on:
- cost-neutral updates to the tariff and block fees and where future increases might be applied, if and when possible
- making Legal Aid Online more modern and easier to use
- enabling easier online access to information you need to do legal aid work
Consultation dates and areas of law
- Criminal law
- Dec. 14, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST
- Dec. 17, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 14, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Child protection
- Dec. 15, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Immigration and refugee
- Dec. 15, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- French-language consultation (all areas of law)
- Dec. 17, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
An online survey and the possibility of making written submissions will follow these sessions at a later date.
Updating the way we pay lawyers is an important part of modernizing Ontario’s legal aid system, makes LAO more responsive to community needs, and puts our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We look forward to hearing from you.