What is a disclosure package?
A disclosure package is a package of documents related to your criminal case collected by the Crown and police. The Crown and police will use this information to try to convict you. Your disclosure package may include:
- The Crown Screening Form (also called a Charge Screening form). This tells you how the Crown plans to deal with your charges, including:
- what kind of sentence the Crown will ask for
- whether some of your charges will be dropped if you plead guilty early
- whether you’ve been approved for diversion
- Investigating police officer notes
- Witness statements; and
Your disclosure package is important to review before your first appearance in court because it helps you understand the basis of your case. For more information on preparing for your first appearance in court, visit What to do before your first appearance at criminal court.