What can I do if I do not qualify for legal aid?

You can represent yourself or hire your own lawyer.

Even if you decide to represent yourself, it’s good to consult a lawyer for some guidance and advice. LAO’s lawyer search tool or the Law Society Referral Service can help you find a qualified family lawyer.

These online resources can also help you navigate the family law system:

You can also contact Justice Net if your income is too high to qualify for legal aid but too low to afford standard legal fees.