How do I apply for legal aid?
- apply online—currently only available for people who do not own any property and either:
- receive Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program payments
- have no income
- are new to Canada
- are living in a shelter
- are incarcerated
- call us at 1‑800‑668‑8258 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (The best time to call is between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. You can find our current wait time on our homepage.)
- ask a legal aid worker, if you are in jail or a detention centre
- ask a rights’ advisor or patient advocate, if you are in a hospital
- ask your lawyer, if you are out of custody and applying for legal aid in a criminal matter
Some local legal aid offices and courthouses may also take applications.
|Click here to download image.||Click here to download image.||Click here to download image.|
|Open a larger version||Open a larger version||Open a larger version|
You can call us at 416‑979‑1446, toll free at 1‑800‑668‑8258 or through Bell Relay service at 1‑800‑855‑0511 from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.