Board of directors e‑meeting August 12, 2019
Published: August 12, 2019
- Christa Freiler
- Michel Robillard
- Sean Robichaud
- Remy Boulbol
- Ann Marie Yantz
- Peter Owsiany
- David Wexler
- Malcolm Heins
- Carol Hartman
- Charles Harnick (Chair)
- David Field (CEO – ex-officio)
- Janet Budgell, Vice President and General Counsel
- Mary-Ann Cocchetto, Associate General Counsel
- Kathleen Murphy, Director, Communications and Stakeholder Relations
- Marcus Pratt, Director, Policy and Strategic Research
- Nancy Cooper
1. Meeting Agenda
The agenda was adopted.
2. Disclosure of Conflict of Interest
No Conflicts of Interest were declared.
3. Clinic Committee Appointment
The Board discussed the proposed slate of members for the Clinic Committee—Malcolm Heins (Chair), David Wexler and Christa Freiler.
Decision: The proposed slate of Clinic Committee members were appointed.
4. Legislation Review Update
General Counsel provided an update on MAG’s Legal Aid Services Act legislation review. LAO is providing input to MAG as part of this process. The Board provided feedback on issues in the legislation that would be important to clients and other stakeholders.
DECISION: The Legislation Review Update was received.
5. Modernization Project Update
Staff presented an update on MAG’s LAO Modernization Project, including the possibility that MAG will introduce permissive legislation which gives LAO the flexibility to develop rules governing its operations.
DECISION: The MAG Modernization Project Update was received.
6. Engagement Document and Schedule of Meetings
Staff presented the Modernization Project engagement plan and schedule of meetings.
DECISION: The Engagement Document and Schedule of Meeti