Getting legal help
Working with your lawyer
Remember: LAO will pay your lawyer directly. You do not have to pay them. If your lawyer needs more hours to work on your case, your lawyer will tell us.
- Write down all the details of your case
- Write a list of questions
- Ask your lawyer what you have to bring
At the first meeting
- Bring all the papers, court documents and your list of questions to your lawyer's office. If you think something is important, bring it.
- Answer all questions completely and truthfully. Your lawyer is there to help you, not judge you.
- Write your lawyer's answers to your questions.
- Find out what your lawyer needs you to do or bring to the next meeting.