Legal Clinic of Guelph and Wellington County
The Legal Clinic of Guelph and Wellington County is looking for candidates for the position of Staff Lawyer one year contract, with possibility of extension. The salary range for the position is $73,000 to $82,000, depending on experience, with some limited benefits, subject to contribution and a waiting period.
The Legal Clinic of Guelph and Wellington County is located inside the Guelph Community Health Centre and serves low income residents primarily with housing and income issues, through the Clinic as well as the “Law Van”.
Full details can be found on our website: www.gwlegalclinic.ca
Broad Outline of Responsibilities:
- Provide legal adv ice and brief service to community members in the areas of hou sing for tenants and income maintenance
- Supervise caseworkers and provide direct services, including representation in mat t ers involving Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Canada Pension Plan Disability, Residential Tenancies Act and Housing Services Act
- Provide advice or referrals on Human Rights, E.I and consumer matters
- Conduct public legal education, law reform and outreach activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Lawyer in good st anding with the Law Society of Ontario
- Commitment to work with low income clients, and experience with serving clients who experience multiple barriers
- Experience in relevant areas of law, especially administrative law
- Ability to work as a team within a small office and independently
- Ability to identify and advocate on social justice issues
- Commitment to Guelph and the County of Wellington and ability to bility to travel within the City and County for appointments and to deliver services
- Full job description available at the website
Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal records clearance letter. The Clinic has a mandatory vaccination policy and proof of vaccination or medical exemption will be required for the successful applicant.
Applications by em ail only: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received by December 20th will be considered. We will only be responding to candidates selected for an interview. We welcome applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we s erve. Where needed, accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.