The Legal Clinic
Full time, 1 Year Contract with possible conversion to permanent
THE LEGAL CLINIC is a not for profit community based Legal Clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We serve residents of United Counties of Leeds and Grenville, Lanark County, Northern Frontenac County and Northern Lennox and Addington County. Our main office is in Perth, Ontario; with satellite offices in Brockville, Sharbot Lake and Northbrook. We are within easy driving distance to Ottawa, Kingston and Montreal.
Our Clinic is seeking a lawyer with an interest in working with low income clients. The successful candidate’s caseload will predominantly be focussed on tenant protection and disability benefit appeals with a potential for growth into other areas of law and public legal education.
- Member in good standing as a lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario
- A self-starter with a commitment to delivering high quality legal services
- Strong legal advocacy and communication skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities in a high volume delivery service
- Collaborative work approach and capacity to work well as a team member
- Experience working in a setting with disabled and disadvantaged clients at a University Based Legal Clinic or a Community Legal Clinics is considered an asset.
Salary Range is $72,000 to $79,000 depending on year of call and experience. Employer contribution to RRSP and Health and Dental Package.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter explaining reasons for interest in applying, along with a resume/CV outlining qualifications and experience by 5:00 pm on December 10, 2021 to email@example.com. Please use subject line “Staff Lawyer Position”.
The Successful Candidate must agree to comply with The Legal Clinic’s Covid-19 policies.