Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic
The Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic is seeking a full-time Staff Lawyer for a 1 year contract position to cover for a Maternity/Parental leave.
We welcome applications from lawyers recently called to the Bar.
We are located in Owen Sound Ontario, and provide services in clinic law matters to low-income residents of Grey and Bruce Counties, including Saugeen First Nation and Chippewas of Nawash Unceded First Nation.
The successful candidate will be an important part of a team providing clinic law advice and representation, public legal education, law reform and community development activities to low-income members of our community. Areas of law will include Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Housing, Canada Pension Plan, Employment and other matters affecting low-income residents of the two counties.
- Membership in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Commitment to social justice and an understanding of issues of systemic discrimination, particularly as they relate Indigenous populations
- Commitment to the delivery of high quality legal services to disadvantaged individuals and groups
- Effective advocacy skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good computer skills including MS Word, database, social media & internet
- Community legal clinic experience an asset
- Access to a vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Grey and Bruce Counties
SALARY RANGE: To be determined.
Interested candidates should apply in writing no later than Wednesday, January 20, 2021 by submitting resumes to:
Jennifer Carr, Office Manager
Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic,
945 3rd Avenue East, Suite #2,
Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 2K8
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Grey-Bruce Community Legal Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.