Client Service Representative
North Peel and Dufferin Community Legal Service
If you are passionate about social justice and engaging in meaningful work that really makes a difference in people’s lives, you will want to join our team! We are a community legal clinic providing free legal services for persons with low incomes in Brampton.
North Peel & Dufferin Community Legal Services (NPD-CLS) is hiring for the position of Client Service Representative (CSR). This is a permanent, full-time position.
Candidates must hold a Social Service Worker or equivalent degree or have comparable experience. The primary roles of a CSR are to guide clients in their journey through NPD-CLS’s services and to provide support to NPD-CLS legal staff. Duties of a Client Service Representative include:
- Being the first point of contact for potential clients and others.
- Initial intake of clients and determination of their eligibility for NPD-CLS’ services; appropriate referrals for clients who do not meet our mandate.
- Creating records in our client management database for new clients and new cases and routing these to the appropriate legal staff.
- Managing and digitally filing the flow of information from all sources, including by telephone, email, text, online and video communications and in-person visits to our office.
- Assisting clients with accessing resources needed to resolve non-legal issues which are key to success with their legal issues.
- Assisting clients at off-site locations, including facilitating video connections.
Applications are to be submitted by email, with a resume attached, by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 22nd, 2021 to:
Jack Fleming, Executive Director
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.