Supervisory Duty Counsel
Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario (ACTO)
Two Year Contract
The Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario (ACTO) delivers legal services to tenants appearing before the Landlord & Tenant Board (LTB) through the Tenant Duty Counsel Program (TDCP).
We are seeking a Supervisory Duty Counsel (SDC) to manage the Tenant Duty Counsel Program (TDCP) in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Responsibilities include:
- Supervision of tenant duty counsel lawyers
- Coordination with the Landlord and Tenant Board and community organizations to ensure consistently high quality service to tenants
- Identification of test case issues
- Maintaining and updating tenant tip sheets
- Provision of tenant duty counsel services, as required
- Administrative tasks. Including scheduling
The SDC works closely with the Program Director (TDCP) and the Director of Administration.
- Experience advocating before the Landlord and Tenant Board
- Sound knowledge of administrative law
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively
- Highly organized
- Strong administrative skills
- Membership in the Law Society of Ontario
Experience working for a legal clinic and the ability to communicate in both official languages are assets in applying for this position. Salary is $82,000 per annum. Full benefits package.
Please email your resume and covering letter to the attention of the Hiring Committee, Advocacy Centre for Tenants Ontario at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 22, 2020.
For more information about ACTO, please go to our website at www.acto.ca