Housing law lawyer
Hamilton Community Legal Clinic
(Six month contract with possible extension)
Do you share our passion for social justice?
Hamilton Community Legal Clinic/Clinique juridique communautaire de Hamilton is a busy urban legal clinic and seeks an entry level clinic lawyer interested in challenging and meaningful work. The successful candidate will be a member of the Clinic’s Housing Team and provide summary advice and representation, as well as participate in public legal education, law reform and community development.
If you want to work hard to serve the community in a collaborative, anti-oppressive environment, then you need to apply. Now.
- Housing law experience, preferably in a community legal clinic.
- Membership in good standing of the LSO
- Commitment to social justice issues and service and working within an Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression, client-centred, trauma-informed framework.
- Commitment to the delivery of high quality legal services to disadvantaged individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated effective advocacy skills and a keen interest in housing law and tenant duty counsel.
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities in a high volume environment and a self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Fluency in French and/or other languages spoken by those we serve is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and ability to plan and conduct educational workshops.
Salary Range: Salary in accordance with the former Legal Aid Ontario funding grid.
HCLC/CJCH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from those with lived experience of oppression. As part of our work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. We encourage First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes to be held in strictest confidence.
Applications will not be considered after 4 pm September 22nd, 2020.