Community Legal Worker / Caseworker
Injured Workers Community Legal Clinic
Injured Workers’ Community Legal Clinic has been providing legal advice and assistance to the injured worker community without charge since 1969. We are seeking a caseworker who can advocate for and organize injured workers on law reform issues, as well as represent them in matters before the workers’ compensation Board (WSIB) and appeals tribunal (WSIAT).
This position includes a broad range of activities including casework, outreach and education, organizing in the injured worker community, participation in law reform activities, and research and writing on workers’ compensation issues.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a co-operative/collective structure
- Knowledge of, and/or life or work experience in the realm of poverty experiences, disability issues, and stigma within marginalised communities
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people within their unique perspectives and experiences, including those from marginalised communities, physical and mental disabilities and/or other disadvantaged communities
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a diverse team.
Assets include knowledge and experience in the representation of injured workers in workers’ compensation matters and/or experience in community organizing, adult education, advocacy or writing on community or social issues—regardless of workers` compensation experience. Experience in media relations and facility in another language are also assets.
The salary range currently available for this position is between $65,000 and $85,000.
There is a medical, dental, and retirement benefit plan. We welcome indigenous peoples, people of colour, people living with disabilities, and other marginalized folks to apply for this position. Your expertise and experience is needed and valued at our organization.
Letters of application should be addressed to the clinic’s Hiring Committee and will be accepted until April 3, 2020. While we thank all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “job application” in the subject line.