COVID-19 FAQs: mental health
- Is the Consent and Capacity Board (CCB) still holding hearings during the COVID-19 crisis?
- Yes, but all hearings are now over teleconference with some limited availability for videoconferencing. Details for the remote hearing will be shared in your Notice of Hearing document.
Hearings are held in two hour time slots from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday. All documents and exhibits for the hearing will be shared by email (email@example.com) or FAX (1-866-777-7273) before the hearing.
- Is the Ontario Review Board (ORB) still holding hearings during the COVID-19 crisis?
- Yes, the ORB is holding hearings through Zoom videoconferencing.
- How do I get legal coverage for a CCB or ORB hearing?
- You can call 1-800-668-8258 to apply for legal aid. During the COVID‑19 crisis, legal aid is suspending financial and legal eligibility testing for CCB and ORB hearings.
You can ask to speak with a Rights Advisor from the Psychiatric Patient Rights Advocate Office (PPAO) for help applying for legal aid. You can get help from a Rights Advisor by phone or by visiting their website for contact information.