Register today for 2015 Refugee Law Office conference
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Legal Aid Ontario’s (LAO) Refugee Law Office (RLO) welcomes lawyers interested in immigration and refugee law to the annual RLO conference and webcast.
Free all-day event on June 24, in-person and online
Join our webcast, or come in-person to Osgoode Professional Development Centre, 1 Dundas St. W., 26th floor, Toronto.
Attendance will count toward the Law Society of Upper Canada’s (LSUC) annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement (portion for professionalism accreditation pending).
Presentation and panel highlights
- The Honourable Justice James O’Reilly of the Federal Court
- Lorne Waldman presents best practices before the Refugee Protection Division, a case study: LSUC v. Hohots
- Angus Grant presents his annual roundup of notable Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal jurisprudence
- Jackie Swaisland on evidentiary issues
- Rathika Vasavithasan on the treatment of psychological reports in the humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) application and pre-removal risk assessment (PRRA) context
- Michael Bossin on cessation applications.
Panel topics include
- Confidentiality motions at the Federal Court
- Proving identity at the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) and Refugee Appeal Division (RAD)
- No credible basis decisions at the RPD
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) issues in refugee claims
- Reopening abandoned Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) removal order appeals
- Current issues at the RAD.
Reserve your space now!
While space at the free conference and via the webcast is limited, the webcast will be available after the conference on DVD.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Osgoode Professional Development Centre
Barrister and Solicitor, Refugee Law Office
Legal Aid Ontario
Tel. (416) 977-8111, ext.7180