Billing tip: Submitting files to Legal Aid Online
Posted on: Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Did you know that Legal Aid Ontario cannot open and process all types of files/extensions? Before you submit your attachment, be sure that the file type appears on the “supported” list below.
If you have any questions about submitting files, please contact the Lawyer Service Centre.
- ZIP: ZIP file type is primarily associated with Compressed Archive File, and must be extracted to read document(s)
- XML: Extensible Markup Language open standard
- DAT: DAT file type is primarily associated with data, and can be used for any format
- EFX: “eFax” by j2 Global Communications, Inc.
- HPD: created by Matthew Bender & Company, a member of the LexisNexis Group
- WDP: primarily associated with Windows Media by Microsoft
- HTM: Hypertext Markup Language
- LWP: LWP file type is primarily associated with WordPro by IBM