Public proceedings of the Board
Electronic meeting of the Board of Directors on December 29, 2016
Board members present
John McCamus (Chair), Nancy Cooper, Christa Freiler, Michelle Haigh, Carol Hartman, John Liston, James McNee, Derry Millar, Tim Murphy, Michel Robillard, James Yakimovich, David Field (CEO/Ex Officio)
1. 2016 Sidney B. Linden Award
On December 28, 2016, by way of email, the Chair presented to the Board of Directors a briefing note setting out the following.
The 2016 Sidney B. Linden Award Selection Committee is comprised of:
- Aly N. Alibhai, former Board member, Committee Chair
- John D. McCamus, LAO Board Chair
- The Hon. Faith Finnestad, Associate Chief Justice, Ontario Court of Justice
- Christopher Waters, Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor
- James McNee, LAO Board member
The selection committee met on Wednesday, December 21, 2016, to consider the 13 excellent nominations for the Sidney B. Linden Award
The selection committee is unanimously recommending to the Board that candidate Ryan Peck, Executive Director, HIV/AIDS Legal Clinic (HALCO), be presented with the 2016 Sidney B. Linden Award for his commitment to the highest ideals of the legal profession and his tireless advocacy of justice for the most vulnerable in our society
The Board approved the recommendation of the Sidney B. Linden Award Selection Committee.