Public proceedings of the Board
Meeting of the Board of Directors on November 5, 2014
Board members present
John McCamus (Chair); Aly Alibhai; Nancy Cooper; Michelle Haigh; John Liston; James McNee; Derry Millar; James Yakimovich; Robert W. Ward (CEO/Ex Officio)
Sue McCaffrey; Stephanie Mealing; Aileen Page; Michelle Séguin
1. Disclosure of conflict of interest
The Chair reported that the LAO Lawyers’ Association website was alleging that his role as Chair of LAO conflicted with his role as Chair of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA). The Board agreed that no conflict exists.
2. Status update on communications with Society of Energy Professionals
The Vice-President and General Counsel reported that the Society of Energy Professionals (SEP) had sent a letter to members of the Board requesting a meeting to discuss voluntarily recognizing SEP as collective bargaining agent for LAO staff lawyers.
The Board agreed to send an immediate letter to the SEP, signed by the Chair, saying that:
- the Board has reviewed the correspondence of October 23, 2014
- LAO declines the request to recognize the SEP as bargaining agents for LAO staff lawyers
- LAO will not respond to further communications from the SEP.