Vol. 10 - May 15, 2012
Important information about discretion
Between May 7 and May 25, 2012, Legal Aid Ontario will be reaching out to criminal, family and refugee lawyers in communities across the province for their feedback on proposed guidelines to improve the discretion request process.
Reminder about LAO Discretion consultations
LAO will be holding consultation sessions on May 18 in Oshawa, May 22 in Orangeville, May 23 in Barrie, May 24 in Ottawa and May 25 in Sudbury.
If you are interested in taking part, please register for the session that you wish to attend (registration is free).
- Oshawa (Oshawa courthouse)- May 18 at 1 pm to 2 pm
- Orangeville (Orangeville Law Library) - May 22 at 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Barrie – (Suiteworks) - May 23 at 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Ottawa (Ottawa District Office) - May 24 at 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Sudbury (teleconference) - May 25 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
You can also view the consultation session online on our video page.