Update: Fixing Legal Aid Online access issues
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Access issues that you encountered as a result of the Legal Aid Online upgrade have been resolved.
Thank you for your patience in dealing with the technical issues that arose since our upgrade to Legal Aid Online went live this past Monday. Here is what we are doing to correct these problems:
- If the link you bookmarked to get onto Legal Aid Online no longer works, you will need to reset your login page bookmark so it always goes to https://www.legalaidonline.on.ca. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Remove all your Legal Aid Online bookmarks or favourites
- Step 2: Clear your browser cache
- Step 3: Restart your web browser
- Step 4: Type in the URL https://www.legalaidonline.on.ca (and write down this URL, for future reference)
- If you’ve been redirected to the wrong page, we have corrected this problem
- There was no confidentiality breach during this time.
- If you have missed your billing deadline or are worried about getting paid on time, we will provide you with a 30-day grace period to submit your any bills that were delayed.
- Accounts will be processed within 14 days rather than 21 days if submitted between Dec 15 and Jan. 9 to recognize recent system unavailability and the inconvenience this may have caused.
- The payment process is working. Since we upgraded Legal Aid Online this past Monday, we have received and processed over 3200 1,271 accounts and paid in excess of $4 million to 1,271 lawyers.
LAO continues to work on issues as they arise and we will keep you posted.
LAO will continue to notify lawyers in advance of any impacts to Legal Aid Online.
The Lawyer Service Centre is available to answer your questions from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lawyer Service Centre
Telephone: 416 979-9934
Fax: 416 979-7326