Notice: LAO client financial reassessments
Posted on: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
LAO regularly reassess the financial eligibility of all certificate holders to meet its legislative mandate and its commitment to the responsible stewardship of public funds. As part of this initiative, LAO is continuing its financial reassessment of refugee clients who receive services through the certificate program that it began last fall.
Please note that LAO is sending reassessment notices to refugee clients who are no longer on social assistance and their lawyers, beginning Wed., March 6. Refugee clients will have two weeks to confirm with LAO that they still qualify for legal aid certificate services in order to continue receiving them. Clients who fail to contact LAO may have their certificates cancelled.
- LAO welcomes on-line feedback to refugee law services transformation
- LAO announces interim process for refugee law services
- LAO implements interim plan for eligible refugee law clients
- LAO to consult on refugee law services reform
- Changing refugee and immigration legal aid services
Director, Administration, Civil and Immigration Law Services (GTA Region)