Legal Aid Ontario is committed to transparency
Posted on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Legal Aid Ontario(LAO) recognizes that transparency and openness are fundamental principles for publicly funded agencies to demonstrate accountability. With this in mind, LAO has implemented policies to increase transparency over the last several years, including:
- Proactive Disclosure: All expense claims by Legal Aid Ontario executive are available for viewing by the public on the LAO website. (LAO implemented this policy in 2007.)
- Consultant and Contracting Disclosure: LAO has a new initiative underway to post consulting and contractors’ fees paid to external suppliers. Beginning this spring, external fees and contracts will be available on the LAO website.
Posted on LAO’s website are the following:
- Summary of executive expenses since 2007.
- All sole-sourced contracts, invoices, and receipts of consultants for contracts with an initial value of $25,000 or more, from the period Jan. 1, 2008 to Sept. 10, 2009.
- All sole-sourced contracts, invoices, and receipts of consultants for contracts with an initial value of $24,999 or less, for the same time periods.
- Copies of receipts for expenses incurred by the Chair and the President for the period Jan. 1, 2008 to Sept. 10, 2009.
Please note: corrections to this news story were made on July 8, 2010.