Other resources: Family law services
Child and spousal support:
- Child protection standards in Ontario
The purpose of the Child Protection Standards in Ontario (dated February 2007) is to promote consistently high quality service delivery to children, youth and their families receiving child protection services from Children's Aid Societies across the province.
- Child support guidelines
Provides step-by-step information on Federal Child Support Guidelines.
- Family Responsibility Office (FRO)
Helps families in Ontario receive the financial support they are entitled to by enforcing court ordered support responsibilities.
- Ontario Child Welfare Eligibility Spectrum
The Ontario Child Welfare Eligibility Spectrum is a field-developed, eligibility tool for child welfare in Ontario.
- Your Legal Rights: Family Law - Child Support
- Your Legal Rights: Family Law - Custody and Access
- Family Law Topics in American Sign Language
From Family Law Education for Women (FLEW) - watch videos of the legal information booklets in American Sign Language
- Your Legal Rights: Family Law
From birth and adoption to divorce and separation, yourlegalrights.on.ca covers a range of family issues.
- Your Legal Rights: Marriage and common-law relationships
- Family court forms
Provides you with electronic versions of forms under the Family Law Rules.
- Government of Ontario - families
Information for residents on parenting, staying healthy and other topics that affect you and your family's well-being.
- Human Rights Legal Support
Offers legal assistance to people in communities across Ontario who believe they have experienced discrimination.
- Ministry of the Attorney General - family law
Find information about family justice programs and services, child support information, online publications and more.
- Ministry of the Attorney General - Family Mediation Services
Mediation is a voluntary way of resolving disputes where a trained mediator helps parties of relatively equal bargaining positions to resolve disputes about family issues.
- Ministry of Children and Youth Services
Find services for child welfare, family intervention, youth justice, children's community support, children's mental health, and childcare.
- Ombudsman Ontario
Investigates complaints against provincial government organizations.
- Ontario court addresses
Find local courthouses by location or region.
- Ontario family court structure
Find services and information about Ontarioâ€™s family courts.
Separation and divorce:
- Divorce and separation
If you separate or divorce, you will need to make many important decisions such as where you will live and how you will manage your finances. If you have children, their needs must be your priority.
- Your Legal Rights: Divorce and separation
This page covers things people need to think about when they separate or divorce. It includes information on separation, how to apply for a divorce, how to make a separation agreement, and what to do if you can’t agree on making a separation agreement.
Services for children:
- Ministry of children and youth services
Brings together information about all the children and youth programs and services provided by the Government of Ontario.
- The Office of the Children's Lawyer
Delivers programs in the administration of justice on behalf of children under the age of 18 with respect to their personal and property rights.
- Ontario Association of Children's Aid Socities
A non-profit agency that provides help and support to children and their families in local communities.