Getting legal help
Family law service centres
Family law service centres serve eligible clients going to family courts located in their area by offering:
- help with documents
- referrals to staff advice lawyers
- full representation in family law cases by a staff lawyer
- if eligible, referral to a private lawyer who does legal aid work
- mediation and settlement conferences
- referrals to other social service agencies
They may recommend that you apply for full representation by a lawyer for serious cases that are either complex or involve domestic violence or child protection.
Please contact the family law service centre in the region where your court case is.