Careers at LAO
Are you ready to begin your career in Social Justice?
Interested in working and learning various areas of law?
Do you crave meaningful, satisfying work?
Launch your legal career with
Legal Aid Ontario
Since the launch of Legal Aid Ontario’s innovative career development program in 2009, the Lawyer Workforce Strategy (“LWS”) has offered a gateway to a rewarding career that offers Lawyers the opportunity work in various different areas of Legal Aid while gaining varied experiences in different areas of law. The LWS is aimed at the long-term development of lawyers within LAO and that begins with a law student’s summer and articling experience. Legal Aid Ontario through the LWS is currently looking for an Articling Student to work in our Southwest region in the following location:
This Articling position covers a wide range of learning opportunities including:
- Rotations in Family and Criminal Duty Counsel Offices
- Rotation in Family Law Service Centre office
- Assist with Advice Lawyer Services
- Assist with Enhanced Duty Counsel Services
- Community Outreach, Clinic Services Liason Committee Representation
- Court Document Drafting, File Manangement
- Client Intake, Triage
- Representation in Family and Criminal Court
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice or public interest work
- Demonstrated excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of the mission of Legal Aid Ontario
Salary: $46,500 per annum plus benefits.
Candidates interested in this opportunity must respond by June 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted. Please forward your resume and covering letter, along with transcripts (web-based unofficial transcripts or grades listings are acceptable) and the locations you are interested in working to email@example.com
You must quote the following competition number in the subject line: LAO-008-12
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Legal Aid Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency.