Careers at LAO
Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR)
The Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR) is a legal clinic serving the legal needs of low income residents of York Region. CLCYR staff provide legal advice and representation, deliver public legal education, and participate in community development initiatives.
CLCYR is seeking a lawyer to fill an 8 month contract position on our Housing Team with a proposed start date of December 18, 2017.
- The Staff Lawyer will carry a full case load focusing primarily on housing matters including: tenant evictions, co-operative housing cases, and human rights in a housing context;
- The Staff Lawyer will provide summary advice and brief services to clients. The Staff Lawyer, may on occasion, act as Tenant Duty Counsel at the Landlord and Tenant Board;
- The Staff Lawyer will be expected to work out of our main office in Richmond Hill as well as out of various satellite locations throughout York Region;
- The Staff Lawyer will engage in community development activities, deliver Public Legal Education and participate in law reform initiatives as appropriate;
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice and understanding of issues of significance to low-income communities, including newcomers to Canada;
- Legal Clinic experience an asset;
Friday, November 17, 2017
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references by electronic mail to:
21 Dunlop Street, Suite 200
Richmond Hill, ON
CLCYR is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized and racialized communities and backgrounds. Moreover, CLCYR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted.