Careers at LAO
Legal Intake Worker
Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC)
Our community-based non-profit legal clinic is seeking a highly-motivated and capable individual to provide high quality intake services.
Suitable candidates must have most of the following:
- Law Clerk/Paralegal or Social Service Worker diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a law office
- Working knowledge of legal rights including income security, housing, consumer and employment
- Demonstrated capacity to work with clients with a diversity of needs and empathy for vulnerable communities and clients
- Strong problem solving capability and initiative
- Proven high level of digital and computer literacy
The Legal Intake Worker is responsible for triaging contacts by phone, internet, and drop-ins in the clinic’s main office in Belleville and providing legal information, referrals and other client services at our fast-paced professional office.
This is a one year contract position with the possibility of permanency. Salary is commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted up until October 13, 2017. To apply, please email your resume and covering letter explaining why you are interested in joining our team. Please also supply the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.