Careers at LAO
Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR)
Contract Position to March 31, 2019
CLCYR, an urban legal clinic providing a variety of legal services to low-income individuals is seeking a contract administrative assistant with a tentative start date of April 23, 2018.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Superior organizational skills
- Secretarial experience
- Excellent computer skills (Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to take direction
- Ability to manage competing priorities and respond to deadlines
- Commitment to the work of the legal clinic: delivering high quality legal services to low-income individuals and groups
- Ability to fit in well with the office environment and ability to work in a friendly and cooperative manner with colleagues
- Community Legal Clinic experience preferred
- Providing general administrative support to lawyers and caseworkers (including faxing, photocopying, filing and responding to telephone calls)
- Reception duties including answering and routing calls; making initial client contact and referrals; providing basic information regarding clinic services
- Drafting correspondence
Application deadline is Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references by electronic mail to:
CLCYR - Hiring Committee
200-21 Dunlop St.
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 2M6
CLCYR is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized and racialized communities and backgrounds. Moreover, CLCYR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted.