Careers at LAO
Summer law student
Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC)
Are you looking for significant and meaningful work this summer? Our community legal clinic located in Belleville, Ontario, has an opening for a LAW STUDENT.
- be currently enrolled in an accredited Law School program
- have a demonstrated commitment to social justice work
Under the supervision of lawyers, the law student may provide:
- Client intake, in busy office environment
- Clerical and research support for legal workers
- Assistance with Ontario Disability Support Program and housing law matters including conducting hearings
- Assistance with other special projects & public legal education
Previous clinic experience is an asset.
This position may be funded by Service Canada. Applicants must be eligible under Service Canada's Summer Jobs criteria and:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Other applicants may still apply.
To apply, please email your resume and covering letter by March 23, 2018 (using the subject line "Summer Law Student") to:
COMMUNITY ADVOCACY & LEGAL CENTRE
158 George Street, Level 1
Belleville, Ontario K8N 3H2
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
"We are an equal opportunity employer striving to reflect the population of Ontario"
Please visit our website at: www.communitylegalcentre.ca