Community legal aid clinics
In 2014, LAO increased the funding maximums for clinic positions to match the new salary maximums of comparable LAO positions. LAO made further increases to the Office Manager and Support Staff maximums in 2015. The current funding maximums are outlined in the chart below.
|Clinic positions||2014 funding maximums||New 2015 funding maximums|
|Community legal worker||$83,000||$83,000|
The Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) Board of Directors has approved a two per cent compensation funding increase for eligible clinics.
Eligible clinics that have achieved pay equity will receive a two per cent compensation funding increase retroactive to April 1, 2016.
Eligible clinics that have not achieved pay equity will receive a two per cent increase composed of:
- a one per cent compensation funding increase retroactive to April 1, 2016, plus
- a one per cent pay equity funding adjustment for eligible legal aid clinics for the 2017 calendar year.
Funding for clinics’ 2016 pay equity adjustment is already included in clinics’ monthly direct deposits.
The LAO Board approved a two per cent compensation increase for clinics composed of a one per cent compensation funding increase retroactive to April 1, 2015 and a one per cent pay equity funding adjustment for eligible legal aid clinics for the 2016 calendar year.
- Legal Aid Ontario invests $3.3 million in 54 provincial legal aid clinics
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- Provincial fund to expand clinic law services eligibility criteria
- Details on clinic financial eligibility expansion for 2015/16
- Additional information on LAO funding formula based on Statistics Canada data
- 2015/16 new community legal clinic funding
PDF 182 KB | XLSX 22 KB | CSV 11 KB
- How LAO allocated the new funding to clinics
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- LAO releases details of increased community legal clinic funding
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2015
- LAO to increase funding to community legal clinics
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2015